Definition for C-2, General Commercial District.
The 121 +/- acres of commercial land to be sold at a real estate auction in Shelbyville, Tennessee on November 7th is Zoned C-2, General Commercial District. The following is an exert from the Bedford County Regional Planning Commission’s Zoning Resolution.
ARTICLE IV, ZONING DISTRICTS – 4.045
A. District Description:
The C-2, General Commercial District is established to provide areas in which the principal use of land is devoted to general and highway commercial activities along roadways classified as arterials as shown on the Major Thoroughfare Plan of Bedford County. Regulations are designed to preserve the traffic-carrying capacity of the streets and roads in Bedford County. The following regulations shall apply in the C-2, General Commercial District, as defined on the Zoning Map of Bedford County, Tennessee.
B. Uses Permitted:
In the C-2, General Commercial District, the following uses and their accessory uses are permitted:
1. Motor vehicles and automotive equipment.
2. Drugs, chemicals and allied products;
3. Dry goods and apparel;
4. Groceries and related products;
5. Farm products;
6. Electrical goods;
7. Hardware, plumbing, heating equipment and supplies;
8. Machinery, equipment and supplies;
9. Building materials, hardware, and farm equipments;
10. General merchandise;
12. Automotive, marine craft, and accessories;
13. Apparel and accessories;
14. Furniture, home furnishings and equipment;
15. Eating and drinking;
16. Drug, antiques, books, sporting goods, garden supplies, jewelry, fuel and ice;
17. Hotels, motels, and tourist courts;
19. Professional services.
20. Gasoline service stations.
21. Commercial recreation uses.
22. Finance, insurance and real estate services.
23. Personal services.
24. Business services.
25. Repair services.
26. Contract construction services.
27. Governmental services.
28. Educational services.
29. Transportation, communication and utility services except solid waste disposal.
30. Restaurants with dancing for patrons.
C. Uses Permitted as Special Exceptions:
In the C-2 General Commercial District, the following uses and the following uses and their accessory uses may be permitted as special exceptions after review and approval in accordance with Article VIII, Section 8.060.
1. Any business or service which, in the opinion of the Board of Zoning Appeals, is of the same general character as the above permitted uses, and subject to such conditions and safeguards as the Board may specify to preserve the character of the district.
2. Travel trailer (recreational vehicle) parks and overnight campgrounds.
3. Childcare Centers
D. Uses Prohibited:
In the C-2 General Commercial District, all uses, except uses or their accessory uses specifically permitted or permitted upon approval as a special exception by the Board are prohibited.
E. Dimensional Regulations:
All uses in the C-2 General Commercial District, shall comply with the following requirements except as provided in Article V.
1. Front Yard: The minimum depth of the front yard shall be thirty (30) feet.
2. Rear Yard: The minimum depth of the rear yard shall be fifteen (15) feet, except where vehicular access will be provided to the rear of the lot, in which case a minimum rear setback of thirty (30) feet shall be required.
3. Side Yard: The minimum side yard requirement shall be twenty (20) feet where vehicular access is available to the rear of the lot. Where no such access is available or desired, a side yard of fifteen (15) feet shall be permitted. On lots adjacent to agriculture, rural residential, suburban residential or rural center district, all structures shall be so located as to comply with the side yard requirement of the adjacent district on the side adjoining said district. Commercial buildings may be built on a common lot line provided that there is mutual written consent of the owners of the buildings and land directly involved and the adjacent walls of the buildings have a fire resistant rating of two (2) hours.
4. Land Area: No minimum land area shall be required in the C-2, General Commercial District where public water and sanitary sewer service is available. Where only public water is available, there shall be a minimum land area of 30,000 square feet, except that lots of record smaller than the required minimum, at the time of the adoption of this resolution, may be utilized, provided that said lot of record is not smaller than 15,000 square feet, and also provided that the required subsurface disposal system serving such lot is approved by the Bedford County Environmentalist. Where no public water or sewer service is available, there shall be a minimum land area of three (3) acres.
5. Maximum Lot Coverage: No maximum lot coverage shall be imposed in the C-2, General Commercial District.
6. Lot Width: No lot shall be less than one hundred (100) feet wide at the front setback line of the lot.
7. Height Requirement: No building shall exceed four (4) stories or fifty (50) feet in height, except as provided in Article VI, Section 6.030.
For more information on zoning, contact:
Bedford County, Tennessee: Planning & Zoning Department
|200 Dover Street Suite 101
Shelbyville, TN 37160
|Monday – Friday
8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
For more information on 121 +/- acres of commercial land for sale at absolute real estate auction, visit the property details page:
Contact Tennessee Auctioneer
Mike Walker: 615-308-9009